Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Must-See

Banksy's Paris Hilton prank.
Paris Hilton has been hit by British graffiti artist and prankster Banksy. HMV said yesterday that they pulled about 7 copies of Hilton's album from their shelves in the UK after finding doctored versions, which include a topless picture of the socialite. as well as an image where she has the head of a dog. A sticker lists the album's songs: "Why am I Famous?" "What Have I Done?" and "What am I For?" The CD inside contains about 40 minutes of remixed music instead of Paris's tracks. A spokesperson for Banksy says there are about 500 copies of the doctored album in record stores across Britain. "They're very subtly done and do look like the original albums," she said. "You have to look quite carefully to see what he's done."
This guy was one of the most fascinating artists I knew of. After this, though, he's jumped ranks into my favorites.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pisser said...

My HERO-!

My only problem with this is that they seem to have actually BOUGHT the Pear-Ass album.

I would pay good money for the remixed version, though.

Jury's still out...what IS she for? Cum dumpster.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Chris Herbeck said...

The best part, the record companies don't give a shit.

"It might be that there will be some people who agree with his views on the Paris Hilton album"
HMV spokesman

A spokesman for Virgin Megastores said staff were searching for affected CDs but it was proving hard to find them all.

"I have to take my hat off - it's a very good stunt," he added.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home